If your employer is offering a settlement on a compromise agreement, the agreement will require you to take independent legal advice on it, from a lawyer with certain qualifications, in order for it to validly protect the employer; the employer is bound to pay for that advice.



If you or your business needs help with the minefield that is employment law, then there are solicitors out there who can help you. Parliament is passing new laws all the time, and it is very hard to keep up with everything, but keep up you must, as ignorance of the law is no excuse, and you could find yourself in a lot of trouble if you don't. Find a solicitor like Martin Kaye LLP who can work with you to create an employment law training programme, tailored to your needs and the needs of your business. They will create an employment law training timetable especially for you to fit your specific needs and requirements. They are a highly experienced firm who understand how hard it is. Check out their website for more information.


I am a suitably qualified lawyer to advise you on the terms of that agreement.